Program Description: Preparing for year-end should not begin in October or November as it may have in the past. Preparation should begin in January and be conducted throughout the calendar year. This is especially important now as the IRS is looking at year-end compliance issues. In this webinar, we will give the latest best practices to help your payroll department transition from a year-end crunch to a smooth and compliant year-end process. We will discuss how checklists can help keep you on track to ensure all tasks are completed. How a simple two-page memo can prevent dozens of employee questions. We will cover how your duplicate form W-2 request form and procedures should be set up and in place in advance of issuing the forms and how it will assist you when processing those requests in the upcoming year. Topics covered include:
- Best Practices for the reconciliation of Form W-2 to Form 941 and why it must be done. (Excel spreadsheet template provided.)
- Best practices for gathering, calculating and reconciling W-2 data all year long as is now expected by the IRS
- Best practices on organizing the payroll department for year-end including action item checklists for Form W-2, Year-end and Year beginning to ensure a smooth process
- How to handle duplicate requests for Form W-2 including charging fees
- How to handle electronic delivery of W-2s to employees
- Also, get an update on year-beginning annual changes for social security wage base, fringe benefit limitations, federal per diem allowance, standard mileage rate, qualified transportation fringe benefits, changes to Form W-2 for 2017, possible changes to Form 941 for 2018, and more.
Speakers: Deborah Gill, CPA, CDFA - Precision Measurements, Inc.
Course Length: 1.5 hour
Note: Due to large size of file, a link will be sent via email to access the presentation after purchase.